Andropause or male menopause is an age related decline in serum testosterone
levels to below normal range which may result in
- Decreased libido
- Decreased musclemass and strength
- Increased abdominal fat
- Decreased energy levels
- Slowed mathematical and spatial thinking
Androgens are produced in the testes and the adrenal glands and regulate the primary and secondary sex characteristics.
Symptoms or Andropause include
- Decreased feeling of general wellbeing
- Sleep disturbances
- Insulin resistance
- Fatigue and hot flushes
- Mood swings
- Difficulty concentrating
-Lack of motivation
A hormone profile saliva test can be done to check levels of testosterone,estradiol, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA-S, and cortisol levels as well as thyroid and adrenal hormones.
- A VLA test - Body Composition with the quad 4000 can track your body fat mass, lean mass and dry lean mass as well as cell health.
- ADAM questionnaire will help rectify your diet and lifestyle.
Diet and Supplementation
A whole fresh food diet with a variety of fruit and vegetables.
Essential fatty acids found in nuts, seeds, fish and supplements
Protein to help with muscle loss
A helping hand in supplements include
Zinc, vitamin B group, Co Q10, carnitine, arginine, protein, calcium, vitamin D, Ginseng, saw palmetto and tribulus.